This is an archive quality, LIMITED EDITION giclée print. The original watercolour painting, ‘Burgundy Peony in Rose Teacup‘ is by artist Tricia Hood. The artwork is printed on museum grade Ilford Smooth Artist Rag, 100% cotton art paper. This paper is near identical to the watercolour paper used in the original painting.
This is the third painting in the “Peonies in a Teacup” series. The original is painted in watercolour on 300gsm hot press paper.
Blending vibrant colour and delicacy, the watercolour artworks of Tricia Hood’s ‘Teacup Series’ present icons of warmth, comfort and healing in the form of flora and still life. The delightful subject of flowers and tea cups evoke childhood memories and those of happy times. Who doesn’t have memories of garden parties, high teas and nurturing moments with loved ones over a healing brew?
In the “Peonies in a Teacup” series of paintings, the artist brings a sense of joy, healing and connection to nature. Tea has long been used, and is still used, to nurture and heal during difficult times. Herbal concoctions are well known to heal emotional and physical ailments. There are few cultures which do not have ceremony or rituals connected to taking tea.
Memories of loved ones are recalled as the heirloom vintage teacups they once owned are brought out. It is when our hands wrap around the delicate china of the teacup, that we recall the warmth and comfort of old memories and joyous times.
The artist’s delicate style is mirrored by the choice of fine porcelain vintage teacups. The large, ‘flouncy’ peonies are bursting with their fullness. Peonies are a symbol of courage, hope and healing and each colour has it’s own symbolism. So the artworks are symbolic of healing, strength, love and hope.
A burgundy coloured Peony sits in a teacup with a leaf overlapping the left edge of it. The teacup is painted with deep red roses on its side and on the saucer. In the bottom right of the foreground lies a pink peony bud. The background of the print is white and unpainted.
- The print is available in two sizes:
- A4 (29.7cm x 21cm) limited to 150 prints, and
- A3 (42cm x 29.7cm) limited to an edition of 100 prints.
- The front of the print is signed with the edition number and the artists original signature.
- All giclée prints come with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- High quality giclee print to archival standards using pigment inks on high quality Ilford 310gsm Smooth Artist Rag 100% cotton paper.
- With care, archival prints are guaranteed to last 80-100 years.
- Prints are sold in a protective, acid free cellophane bag and shipped flat.
- Made to order locally in the Adelaide Hills so please allow time for printing and delivery.
This artwork is unframed and requires framing, however most commercial frames will accommodate the standard size paper used.
There are no reviews yet.